Kevin De Bruyne
Kevin De Bruyne
February 29, 2024
Luis Suarez Debut
Luis Suarez Debut
February 29, 2024
Ronaldo TOTY FC 24
Ronaldo TOTY FC 24
February 29, 2024
Texas Student´s Hairstyle Battle Tests CROWN Act at Barbers Hill High
Feature Articles
Kyla Hooshmand, Editor in Chief • February 29, 2024

Darryl George, an 18-year-old junior at Barbers Hill High School, has spent much of his school year isolated due to in-school suspension for...

Indian Tunnel Rescue

On November 12, 2023, 41 Construction workers working on a tunnel in The Himalayas got trapped due to a landslide that collapsed the tunnel around 200 meters(656 feet) from the entrance.

On November 12, 2023, 41 Construction workers working on a tunnel in The Himalayas got trapped due to a landslide that collapsed the tunnel around 200 meters(656 feet) from the entrance. The workers were trapped for 17 days before being able to escape, luckily the rescue operators were able to drill a hole all the way to where the men were trapped. This was an important part of saving the lives of these workers because they could now supply them with food, water, and oxygen.

The rescue operation began soon after they were trapped but kept being delayed due to loose soil, hard rocks, and falling debris. The rescue was delayed even more when the auger drill broke down and they had to rely on manually drilling a hole. The second part of the plan commenced when they made contact with the miners. The rescue operators then inserted a metal tube that was 3 feet wide. At 6:34, the first man was saved, then at 7:00, half escaped, and finally, at 7:20 all of them were freed. They were all sent to the hospital to recover and all 41 workers survived.