University of Hawaii at Manoa

University of Hawaii at Manoa

University of Hawaii at Manoa is located outside of downtown Honolulu on the island of Oahu. The yearly tuition for Hawaii at Manoa is $12,186 for in-state and $34,218 for out-of-state students. The admission rate to get accepted is 72.8%. For every 100 students, 73 students are admitted into the school. They are a lightly selective school. The grade average for this school is a 2.50 GPA. The transferable credits are 24 or more though if you do not have 24 transferable credits the admission will be based on your work.  The most popular majors at the University of Hawaii at Manoa are Psychology, Exercise Science and Kinesiology, Computer Science, General Finance, Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse, Marketing/Marketing Management, Business Administration and Management, and Biology/Biological Sciences. The majors they are known for are Oceanography, Astronomy, International Business, Pacific Islands and Asian Area Studies, Earth Science, Marine Biology, and Library Information Science. University of Hawaii at Manoa is best known for its widely recognized strengths in tropical agriculture, tropical medicine, volcanology, comparative religion, Hawaiian studies, Asian regional public health, evolutionary biology, electrical engineering, and comparative philosophy.

Famous people who attended the University of Hawaii at Manoa are Bettie Midler; an American singer, actress, comedian, and author, Tammy Duckworth; an American politician and retired Army National Guard Lieutenant, Georgia Engel who was an American actress, and many more.