In-N-Out is coming to our school for Eligible 6th & 7th Graders. From 1:19-3:15 pm  on the Honor Court Lawn & Covered Eating Area.

Betty White

Betty+White

Betty White was born on January 22, 1922. Betty White grew up in Oak Park, Illinois. Her father was a lighting company executive. When she was 1 year old she moved to Alhambra California and later moved to Los Angeles during the Great Depression.  

Betty went to school in Beverly Hills where she attended Horace Mann Elementary School and Beverly Hills High School. She gained an interest in wildlife after many vacations to Sierra Nevada. She wanted to be a park ranger but at that time women could not be park rangers. Instead, she had an interest in writing and wrote and acted in her school’s play. Betty’s idols were Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy. 

She first gained national recognition in the 1950s with her role as co-host on the variety show “Hollywood on Television.” Betty’s breakthrough came in the 1970s with her iconic portrayal of Sue Ann Nivens on “The Mary Tyler Moore Show,” earning her two Emmy Awards. Her comedic timing and versatile acting skills made her a beloved figure in the entertainment industry. 

In the 1980s, Betty continued her success with the popular sitcom “The Golden Girls,” where she portrayed the lovable Rose Nylund. The show not only showcased her comedic prowess but also earned her another Emmy Award. Betty White’s enduring career also included hosting game shows like “Password” and “Match Game.” As the first woman to produce a sitcom, “Life with Elizabeth,” Betty White broke barriers in the industry. Her charm, wit, and enduring talent made Betty White a beloved and enduring presence in television history, earning her numerous accolades and a special place in the hearts of fans worldwide.

Betty White was a pet enthusiast and an animal welfare advocate. She also advocated for racial equality and LGBT rights. Sadly, on December 21, 2021, Betty suffered a stroke and died. She was 99 years old and was close to 100. She would be remembered in many ways.