Kevin De Bruyne
Kevin De Bruyne
February 29, 2024
Luis Suarez Debut
Luis Suarez Debut
February 29, 2024
Ronaldo TOTY FC 24
Ronaldo TOTY FC 24
February 29, 2024
Texas Student´s Hairstyle Battle Tests CROWN Act at Barbers Hill High
Feature Articles
Kyla Hooshmand, Editor in Chief • February 29, 2024

Darryl George, an 18-year-old junior at Barbers Hill High School, has spent much of his school year isolated due to in-school suspension for...

Ukraine Drones Strikes Russian Oil Depot

Ukraine has recently been attacking Russia during their heated war. Ukraine has sent multiple drone strikes to Russian cities like Klintsy and the former capital St. Petersburg. The Russian air defense was able to take down 3 drones before they could hit their targets. Still, a few connected and hit major oil sites such as a terminal in Petersburg and a depot in Klintsy. Ukraine has taken advantage of Russia having most of its anti-air technology in Ukraine. This has made them more vulnerable to drone strikes in their own country, which Ukraine has taken advantage of. One of the drones they sent was shot down before it could hit its target, but its explosives landed and exploded on an oil depot in Klintsy. The explosion caused a massive fire which led to 30 people having to evacuate. There were no casualties, but the damage done to the oil depot will have lasting effects on the town’s ability to store and produce oil. Ukraine said after the attack that they would be using more drones to target Russian military targets such as bases and vehicles. Russia may have to respond by returning their anti-air weapons to their homeland which could allow Ukraine to exploit aircraft which they haven’t been able to do before. Ukraine has been in a financial crisis lately, with little money to spend on ammunition. They could afford the drones by making them cheap, only costing them $300. The cheap cost of these drones should make it easy for Ukraine to attack more times. This way of attack could give an advantage, but only time will tell if it is truly effective.