Sudan Civil War Destroying The Country

Sudan, which is a country in Africa, has had a civil war since last April. Sudan has had a lot of internal conflict in the last decades with civil wars and attempted coups by the military. The civil wars eventually led to part of Sudan splitting apart and becoming South Sudan. All this conflict has led to both Sudan and South Sudan being very unstable and not having a strong government. The most recent conflict is the civil war that started last year in April while the people were practicing Ramadan, which is a time of Muslim fasting. This war has caused a massive famine, or lack of food in the country which the UN has claimed could cause the largest hunger crisis in the world. The war was first started as a result of a Sudanese military group called the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) attacking the main Sudan armed forces and starting the conflict. After the fighting first started, a rebel group called the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement-North(SPLM-N) joined the conflict to try and fight the government to liberate the Sudanese people. The RSF attacked and got control of the Sudanese capital, Khartoum which led to the people evacuating. The Sudan military was able to retake the city in mid-February and has returned a lot of people to their homes. Khartoum was not the only city that was captured as a result of the war, with another major city named Omdurman also being captured by the RSF. The city was one of the most populated cities in the country, so a majority of the population lost their homes when they had to be evacuated. Some people weren’t able to flee and were held by the RSF. The RSF has been accused of stealing cars, and other items and beating people, even the elderly. They have also committed other heinous crimes like mistreating and abusing women. These are not the only effects of the war, as there are much bigger effects. The most dangerous part of the war so far has been the lack of food and water for the people. The lack of food could be very dangerous for the Sudanese public because they are at risk of starving. The conflict could continue for many more months and until it is over, many people will be without a stable supply of food. The dangers of this situation make it the focus of organizations such as the UN who have to figure out a way to help these people before they die. The Sudanese Armed Forces may be winning the war, but if they do not end the conflict soon, their people will suffer and eventually die.