Costa Rica Vacation and More!

8th Grade Student Submission

Giada Di Salvo

8th grade, Mr.Lewis

9/7/23

Over the summer, I had some exciting experiences including going to Costa Rica with my family. I also had to go the summer school which was boring and wasn’t as fun as when I traveled. I started going to summer school about a week or two after summer break started. I was going there for a month. Toward the end of the break, I went to Costa Rica for a week.

After school ended, I went to summer school almost right away. I didn’t like summer school because it meant I had to do work and think during my summer break. I also had to wake up early 5 days a week and be there for 3 periods. Each period was an hour and thirty minutes long so I was there for four and a half hours of my day. I was enrolled in Algebra 3, writing, and culinary. Out of all of them culinary was the only class I enjoyed, but still gave me some difficulty at times.

Near the end of the break, I went to Costa Rica. I liked going to Costa Rica because of where we stayed. My parents rented a house that sat right on top of the beach, with a perfect-sized pool, and a beautiful view. Costa Rica is in Central America, and it has a rainy season. We went during the rainy season when it is hot but still rains and there was thunder when we went as well.