NFL Season Starts

NFL Season Starts Week 1

The kickoff game of the NFL season started this past Thursday. The Detroit Lions began the season vs.  Kansas City Chiefs.

The Chiefs were missing multiple players including their tight end (and star player), Travis Kelce. The Lions started off the game with a touchdown and a field goal in the first quarter leading 7-0. In the second quarter, the Kansas City Chiefs scored twice, leading 14-7 over the Lions. 

In the third and fourth quarters, the Lions scored one touchdown in the 3rd quarter and the Chiefs scored a field goal which led to +3 points.

In the 4th quarter, the Chiefs went for another field goal leading to another +3 points. Additionally, the Lions were down 14-20, and then we watched as Jared Goff stepped up and started throwing amazing passes to his receivers.

One exciting moment was when Jared Goff completed a handoff play to his running back, David Montgomery.  Montgomery then pummeled through the opposing team leading to a touchdown. After that, they scored a field goal resulting in a lead of  21-20.

The final result of the game was the Detroit Lions winning 21-20. 

_____________________________________________________

Another interesting game that started off the 2023-24 season was the San Francisco 49ers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers are predicted to have an amazing season and possibly go all the way to the Super Bowl if nothing goes wrong.

Within the first 2 minutes of the game, Drake Jackson sacked Kenny Pickett.

A few minutes later, the 49ers, Brock Purdy,  scored by throwing a dime to Brandon Aiyuk and scoring a touchdown.

After that, Jake Moody scored a PAT kick that led to an early 7-0 lead. Towards the end of the first quarter, Jake Moody kicked a 41-yard field goal, which caused the 49ers to take the lead, 10-0.

Starting off the 2nd quarter, Brock Purdy threw a 19-yard touchdown to Brandon Aiyuk, followed by Jake Moody scoring a PAT.

Then Jake Moody scored a field goal which added +3 points. At the end of the 2nd quarter, Kenny Pickett threw a 3-yard touchdown pass to Pat Freiermuth and Chris Boswell scored a PAT. The halftime score was 20-7, 49ers. 

The 3rd quarter started off with an exciting move by Brock Purdy who gave the ball to his running back, Christian McCaffrey, who ran for 65 yards!  Jake Moody then scored a PAT.  No one scored for the remainder of the game until the 49ers finally scored a field goal kick.

The winners were the San Francisco 49ers with a score of 30-7.