In-N-Out is coming to our school for Eligible 6th & 7th Graders. From 1:19-3:15 pm  on the Honor Court Lawn & Covered Eating Area.

Summary Of 2023 G20 Summit

The 2023 G20 summit had interesting results. If you didn’t know, the G20 summit is the meeting of 19 countries, the European Union, and the African Union, each of which have the biggest economies in the world. Its purpose is to be a place to discuss many world issues and to plan solutions for these issues. The most recent G20 was hosted by India, or as they call themselves, Bharat.

During the meeting, they discussed the issues going on in the world, such as the Russo-Ukraine war, among others. The attendees lightly touched on the war, not directly condemning Russia for the war, just talking about the need to prevent the suffering happening as a result of it. This would anger Ukraine, mainly because they felt that some of the countries there had not reprimanded Russia, which was something that Ukraine was hoping for.

Another thing that they were talking about was the need for a solution to climate change, and global warming. The solutions the countries agreed on were to change what energy they use, by reducing coal and increasing the spending on renewable energy. Many people think that the reason they are only reducing coal, and not oil, or other dirty power sources is because by reducing oil, they would most likely upset Russia, Saudia Arabia, and other countries that heavily rely on oil. Another thing that people are debating is if these changes will have an impact on reducing the effects of climate change.

Additionally, they discussed the debt that is plaguing some developing countries. Much of this debt came from China, but because many countries in attendance did not want to anger China, they did not make them relieve any of this debt and instead came up with another solution. Their solution was to spend more money on a framework that would help these countries recover from their debt. So far, this is all that has happened related to the 2023 G20 summit in India.