In-N-Out is coming to our school for Eligible 6th & 7th Graders. From 1:19-3:15 pmĀ  on the Honor Court Lawn & Covered Eating Area.

Floods in Libya Kill Thousands

The floods have caused a lot of destruction in parts of Eastern Libya, especially in the city of Derna. More than 11,000 casualties have been in Derna. The exact number is unknown due to conflicting reports. The heavy rains from Storm Daniel caused the flooding and in Derna those heavy rains caused the collapse of two dams which caused massive waves to wash through the streets. The waves are said to have washed entire neighborhoods away.

There are reports that there are more bodies being found than the rate at which they are burying them. The stench of death is so overpowering that there are soldiers handing out face masks to people driving into the city. Recovery teams are saying that the sea is still depositing bodies on the beeches. The streets are littered with bodies, rubble, and cars that were washed away. People search for what few personal belongings they have left.

People are handing out clothes, fuel, and supplies that have arrived internationally. There have been some difficulties in getting into the city of Derna for UN aid. There have already been 4 aid workers killed and a further 15 injured in an accident while on the way to Derna. They were on their way to join the French and Italian aid workers already there.