An F-35 Military Jet Went Missing and Was Recently Just Found

A 200 million dollar plane went missing many days ago due to its pilot ejecting while on autopilot.

A 200 million dollar F-35 went missing when the pilot ejected due to a “mishap” while it was on autopilot. After being missing for days, the aircraft was found in South Carolina. The pilot landed in a backyard in South Carolina. A surprised homeowner dialed 911 due to his fall. When medical service arrived, he told them that he was okay and only hurt his back after falling 2,000 feet. 

The joint base where the plane was stationed sent a public statement for anyone in South Carolina to look for the F-35. They had trouble finding this plane since the F-35 is a stealth plane, ironically keeping authorities from finding it. A representative stated, “How do you lose an F-35 and expect people to find the jet and turn it? Why doesn’t it have a tracking device?”

Many people have been wondering what so-called “mishap” had occurred for the pilot to eject while in autopilot mode. This is under investigation, but as of now, we don’t know what it could be. The pilot was part of the USMC  (The United States Marine Corps). The plane’s transponder, its tracking device, wasn’t working. Military and law enforcement have also held an investigation into this. The debris of the plane was found after days in Charleston, South Carolina.