New Disney Movies

This is a review of new remakes of Disney movies coming out

Are you a Disney fan? If you are, you will be very excited to know that Disney is coming out with six new live action movies. Snow white, Lion King, Moana, Lilo and Stitch, Hercules, and Bambi. In this article, I will be reviewing all of these new movies.

1. Snow White 

Snow White is an upcoming American musical fantasy film directed by Marc Web. Plans for a remake of 1937’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs were confirmed in October 2016. Snow White is scheduled to be released theatrically in the United States on March 22, 2024. “The Grimm fairy tale gets a Technicolor treatment in Disney’s first animated feature. Jealous of Snow White’s beauty, the wicked queen orders the murder of her innocent stepdaughter but later discovers that Snow White is still alive and hiding in a cottage with seven friendly little miners. Disguising herself as a hag, the queen brings a poisoned apple to Snow White, who falls into a death-like sleep that can be broken only by a kiss from the prince.”.

1. Lion King

Mufasa: The Lion King is an upcoming American musical drama film directed by Barry Jenkins, written by Jeff Nathanson, and produced by Walt Disney Pictures and Pastel Productions. Mufasa: The Lion King is scheduled to be released in theaters on July 5, 2024. “This Disney animated feature follows the adventures of the young lion Simba (Jonathan Taylor Thomas), the heir of his father, Mufasa (James Earl Jones). Simba’s wicked uncle, Scar (Jeremy Irons), plots to usurp Mufasa’s throne by luring father and son into a stampede of wildebeests. But Simba escapes, and only Mufasa is killed. Simba returns as an adult (Matthew Broderick) to take back his homeland from Scar with the help of his friends Timon (Nathan Lane) and Pumbaa (Ernie Sabella).

1. Moana

There is not a lot of news about this article, but Moana is coming about with a live-action movie in 2025.  “An adventurous teenager sails out on a daring mission to save her people. During her journey, Moana meets the once-mighty demigod Maui, who guides her in her quest to become a master wayfinder. Together they sail across the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous monsters and impossible odds. Along the way, Moana fulfills the ancient quest of her ancestors and discovers the one thing she always sought: her own identity.”.

1. Lilo and Stitch

Lilo & Stitch is an upcoming American science fiction film that will be a live action remake of Disney’s 2002 animated Lilo and Stitch. “A tale of a young girl’s close encounter with the galaxy’s most wanted extraterrestrial. Lilo is a lonely Hawaiian girl who adopts a small ugly “dog,” whom she names Stitch. Stitch would be the perfect pet if he weren’t in reality a genetic experimenter who has escaped from an alien planet and crash-landed on Earth. Through her love, faith, and unwavering belief in ohana, the Hawaiian concept of family, Lilo helps unlock Stitch’s heart and gives him the ability to care for someone else.”.

1. Hercules

Hercules is the 35th Disney animated feature film. Coming out on April 28, 2023, it will be a live-action remake of Disney’s 1997 Hercules. “Featuring the voices of Tate Donovan, Danny DeVito, James Woods, and Susan Egan, the film follows the titular Hercules, a demigod with super-strength raised among mortals, who must learn to become a true hero in order to earn back his godhood and place in Mount Olympus, while his evil uncle Hades plots his downfall.”

1. Bambi

The remake was first announced in early 2020, but few details about the project have emerged since then. The upcoming remake will likely rely heavily on CGI like The Lion King, but it’s still unclear who will be in the voice cast or when the release date will be. “In this Disney classic, a young deer named Bambi joins his new friends, a rabbit named Thumper and a skunk named Flower, in exploring his forest home. As a boy, he learns from his doting mother and his father, The Great Prince of the Forest, that there are dangers in the open meadows where hunters can spot the animals, and he meets a beautiful young doe named Faline. As Bambi grows up, he learns that there is tragedy as well as beauty and joy in his forest world and on the path to adulthood”.