Thoughts on The Armenian Disaster

Armenia has been under attack from Azerbaijani army and we have asked the Frost community what they think about the current situation and how it is affecting them.

Thoughts on The Armenian Disaster

Armenians woke up to the fact that Artsakh was taken over by the Azerbaijan army and many Armenians have shown sad emotions. I am truly sad about what has happened. Today, we are going to be asking Armenian students and an Armenian teacher their thoughts and feelings about what has happened. 

During that time, Azarberjains used tactical drones to bomb schools and homes killing 200 people, even killing young children. They have taken land with special landmarks that meant something to people. 

This not only affected families that some Armenian citizens had back in Armenia and Artsakh but also affected us in having to worry about their safety.

An Armenian teacher, Mrs. Hagopian on our campus had to say “The current situation in Artsakh has affected my family and me greatly. We are very disappointed and disheartened by the loss of our ancestral lands within the last few days, the hundreds of people who have died, hundreds left with critical injuries, and the tens of thousands of Armenians who have been forced out of their ancestral homes. I do not have family in Artsakh, but I do have family in Armenia who report that thousands of men, women, children, and elderly are pouring into the country and these people need prompt and adequate shelter, food, clothing, medicine, and education. It is truly a humanitarian crisis.

This is a very devastating and life-threatening time for the people of Artsakh and most people there have been left without homes and are running trying to get to safety.