Trump’s $250,000,000 Trial in New York

Donald Trump has been the main focus of the news for several months. This focus has been due to his recent trials relating to his questionable acts while running for president, and after his term had ended. As of October 2nd, he has been in court fighting a legal battle accusing him of fraud. This trial is based on Trump’s inflated claims about the value of his properties. His prosecutors claim that this was in an attempt to get better interest rates, and to lower insurance prices that he would have to pay. This trial could lead to Trump losing many of his properties, and in turn, losing hundreds of millions of dollars. Trump has denied any wrongdoing and is currently fighting to prove his innocence. This trial will be special, as there is no jury, and the judge will only decide if he is guilty or innocent.

Trump will not face any direct prison time if he is found guilty, but a subsequent trial may lead to him spending time in jail. Instead, he will have to pay a 250 million dollar fine, and most likely lose some of his properties, or they will lose their value. Trump has reacted very negatively to this news, due to the consequences it may entail, and the fact that he believes the people prosecuting him are both dumb and biased, mainly due to the fact they are not allowing a jury on trial. He has repeatedly attacked Attorney General Letitia James, calling her incompetent, and saying she has a limited future.

He has been fighting in court for the last three days straight, and in that time the outcome of the trial seems to be unknown. Trump has been facing many criminal charges, and many trials have been set to take place throughout next year. Even if we do not know if Trump is currently innocent or not, we do know that whether or not he is innocent for this trial, he will still have many similar legal battles coming soon.