Makayla Myles April 3, 2024

Champions League Games

Champions League Games

This week on sports we are going to be talking about the recent Champions League games. 

The first game we will be talking about is Real Madrid vs. Napoli. This was a very big game and a very interesting game to watch in my opinion. The game was very close with the score being 3-2,  with Real Madrid taking the win. The beginning of the game starts off with Napoli controlling the ball very well, and Real Madrid fully pressuring them. Napoli starts off strong shooting shots on the net just deflected by the defenders and the keeper. Napoli later on gets a corner (18th minute) and they header it off the crossbar for Østigård to get the rebound and finally header it inside the net this time for a 1-0 lead for Napoli. About 8 minutes later, Napoil has control of the ball and is passing it around in the back, but then they make a mistake which then causes Bellingham to get control of the ball, dribble through the defenders, then pass it to Vinicius JR and he shoots it bottom right corner of the net to secure a goal for Real Madrid making it tied. (1-1) After this goal Real Madrid felt the energy inside them and kept a positive mentality and were going off strong in the 33rd minute. The defenders of Real Madrid successfully got the ball and passed it to Camavinga, who then passed it to Bellingham who successfully dribbled through the defenders, got a shot on net and it went in. The game is now 2-1, Real Madrid is winning in the 1st half.  Going into the second half, Napoli is now wanting to tie it, and while Real Madrid has the ball, Napoli takes it away, pushes the ball up the field going for a shot, and now dribbles inside the box, but Osimhen with the ball is tackled and now Napoli gets a penalty in the 54th minute of the game. Zielinski is the player taking the penalty, he shoots it to the bottom left and it hits off the post into the net, making it 2-2, a tied game. The game from now on is pretty even, with both teams taking shots, and both keepers blocking the shots, and looks like we don’t know who will win. But in the 75th minute, Real Madrid shoots and the keeper deflects it to Bellingham’s head, he headers it but it’s deflected out by the keeper for a corner. Modric takes the corner all the way inside the box, it’s headered out by Napoli’s defenders, Valverde shoots from outside the 18 box and it’s a straight-up banger off the post and deflected inside the net by Alex Meret, it’s an own goal by the keeper. The game is now 3-2 Real Madrid is in the lead, they start playing a defensive style now and 20 minutes later the game is finished.

The next game we will be talking about is RB Leipzig vs. Man City. This game is so fun to watch mainly because one of the favorites is player, Man City. The game is so intense and Man City set the tone of the game. The game ended with a score of 3-1 (Man City wins). In the early 15 minutes, Man City takes control of the ball and gets a load of early shots in, just barely missing it. Around 10 minutes later, Man City finds a good through ball into the box, then a cross to Foden for the perfect goal. (1-0 Man City) After this goal, both teams started giving each other high pressure on both sides of the field, Man City was shooting the ball and so was Leipzig. Leipzig gets a counterattack off a mistake in the defense from Man City, and they send a through ball to Openda to score making it 1-1, a tied game. Man City really wants this win and keeps testing the goalkeeper, they keep getting so close to scoring. After pushing all their lines other than defense up the field, Man City finds a breakaway and Alvarez takes a touch, and shoots it to the right side of the net successfully scoring for Man City (2-1 Man City). After getting scored on, Leipzig pushes all their players up the field to try to tie it up, but they fail. Man City gets a counterattack and Doku scores it in the last moments of the game for Man City making it 3-1 as the final score.