Getting to know our new Math & Science Teacher, Ms. Esparza

We have a knew Frost Member at our very own Robert Frost Middle School. Ms. Esparza would be joining us for a fun year,

We have a new Frost Member at our very own Robert Frost Middle School. Ms. Esparza will be joining us for a fun year, being our new Math and Science core 6th-grade teacher. Ms. Esparza is a very nice person and we students would be happy to learn more about her with these questions.

1Q: If you weren’t a teacher what would you be?

1A: “I would work from home because I feel more comfortable with being close to home.”

2Q: Is this your first year of teaching? If not what other school have you thought of?

2A: “This is actually my 15th year of teaching. My previous 14 years of teaching was spent a Porter Middle School.”

3Q: What are your favorite hobbies?

3A: “My favorite hobbies are Reading, playing with cats, and going to restaurants.”

4Q: Why did you choose to teach the subject that you are now?

4A: “I chose to teach the subject because a teacher recommended me to teach science and math.

I originally wanted to teach History and English but now that I’m teaching math and science, I like math and science a lot.”

5Q:  Where were you born and what other states have you temporarily lived in?

5A: “I was temporarily born in San Fernando but I never changed states. I only ever moved out of the state for college.”

6Q: What’s your favorite food?

6A:  “My favorite food is Korean food and lately I’ve started to like Armenian food.”

7Q: What made you want to become a teacher?

7A: “When I was in kindergarten my Grandma never learned how to speak English so I tried to teach her.”

8Q: What is your favorite memory of being a teacher? 

8A: “I have way too many wonderful memories but most of them are teaching me students.”

9Q: Whats your favorite Artist & Genre?

9A: “My favorite artist is Hozier who is an Irish musician and songwriter. I also love the Folkrock which is a genre of rock music with heavy influences from English folk and American folk music.”

Ms. Esparza said that she really likes Frost and she looks forward to spending her years as a teacher here.