In-N-Out is coming to our school for Eligible 6th & 7th Graders. From 1:19-3:15 pm  on the Honor Court Lawn & Covered Eating Area.

Getting to know Mr. Coulson

We interviewed Mr. Coulson, our very own magnet history teacher. We have interviewed him so the students of Frost middle school could get to know him better. Here are the questions we asked him!

Mr. Coulson is our very own Magnet History teacher. We have interviewed him so the students of Frost Middle School could get to know him better. Here are the questions we asked him!

Q1: Why did you choose to teach History?

A: “It always interested me and I believe that you could learn more about life by trying to understand the past”

Q2: Where were you born and have you ever lived anywhere else?

A: “I was born in Burbank California. Other countries that I’ve lived in are Cape Town, South Africa; Bath, England; Northern Uganda; South Sudan; Mogadishu, Somalia; and Nairobi, Kenya”

Q3: What ethnicity are you?

A: “I was raised Roman Catholic. My mother was a first generation German and My dad was British and Hungarian.”

Q4: What is your favorite food and drink?

A: “My favorite food is tacos and my favorite drink is coffee”

Q5: How long have you been teaching and have you ever taught somewhere else besides Frost?

A: “I’ve been teaching for 14 years and taught at Holmes Middle School before I came to Frost.”

Q6: Why did you choose to become a teacher? If you weren’t a teacher, what would you have become?

A: “Teaching is my second career, my first career was international development, I decided to teach because I wanted to settle down in Los Angeles.”

Q7: How strict would you say you are on a scale of 1-10.?

A: “Depending on the class I would give myself a 6.” But we would say he is a great teacher and has a unique style of teaching that makes learning fun.”

Q8: What’s your hidden talent?

A: “I can juggle very well and I love teaching students how to juggle too.”

Q9: What’s your dream vacation?

A: “I Would go to Nepal for my dream vacation because I like trekking there.”

Q10: How do you like to spend your summer breaks?

A: “I like spending my summers traveling across the world.”

Q11: What is a good day like in your class and what does a bad day look like teaching?

A: “A good day of teaching is everyone, including me, enjoying themselves and learning something. A bad day would be the opposite and nobody is learning and nobody is having fun.”

Q12: What’s your favorite song or genre of music?

A: “My favorite genre is dinosaur rock and I love the Rolling Stones and personally have no favorite songs.”

Q13: Our final question is, are you following Charlie Damelio on TikTok?

A: “No I do not but I would like to.”

As you can see Mr. Coulson is a great teacher. He loves to travel the world and tell his students about it. Mr. Coulson teaches with passion, he enjoys greatly when he and his students are having fun while learning.