In-N-Out is coming to our school for Eligible 6th & 7th Graders. From 1:19-3:15 pmĀ  on the Honor Court Lawn & Covered Eating Area.

Health Groups Appalled At New Zealand’s Repeal Of Smoking Ban

Major health organizations located in New Zealand are in shock after the government’s removal of a smoking ban they had placed on the country a year ago.

In order to fund tax cuts, New Zealand has lifted the smoke ban that had been applied in the country in 2022 by the former Prime Minister. The ban stated that anyone born after 2008 was not allowed to smoke. This was presumably to stop people from smoking at a young age, as it alters the mind.

Health groups in New Zealand are not happy with this decision. One stated how appalled and disgusted they were at the repealing of the smoking ban for young children. On top of this, the ban was appraised internationally after models showed how this act could save over 5,000 lives per year.

The United Kingdom seemed to have been inspired by this legislation, seemingly wanting to put up one of their own in their country. Even after New Zealand lifted the ban, leaders in the UK were determined to pass a smoke-free act. The government’s positions remain unchanged.