FedEx Delivers 300,000 Free Christmas Trees to Military Families with Annual Tree for Troops Program

FedEx is delivering free christmas trees to military families throughout America in the annual Trees for Troops Program. The company is delivering nearly 16,000 christmas trees this month to families at over 90 military bases.” Every year, the FedEx Freight team puts in tireless effort to support Tees for Troops and the Christmas SPIRIT Foundation. This milestone 300,000th tree delivery is a direct reflection of our dedication to both causes.” said Lance Moll, president and CEO of FedEx freight. “Through our industry-leading transportation network, we are honored to give back to local communities and military families whose values have always been chosen tied to the core mission of our company. FedEx and their partner the Christmas SPIRIT Foundation have accomplished delivering over 300,000 christmas trees during a celebration at Fort Liberty in North Carolina. Since 2005, FedEx has supported the Trees for Troops program, which delivers farm-grown Christmas trees to domestic and international U.S military bases. Now, this collaboration has become a cherished tradition. Drivers have reported driving 600,000 miles to deliver the trees over the 18-year partnership. The idea started off crazy and small and in their first year they delivered 4,500 trees to only five bases. Now, workers say it is amazing to see how much it has grown. The public can donate a tree for delivery to a base, and some offer online tree purchases as well.