UC Davis

UC Davis

UC Davis is located in Yolo County and is 20 minutes away from Sacramento. In state the cost would be $14,645 per year but out of state will be $44,399 per year. When applying for UC Davis you have a 38.37% acceptance rate which is a bit challenging to get in but not that bad compared to Yale. For UC Davis if you are a California resident then you must earn a GPA of 3.00 or higher but if you are not a resident of California then you must earn a GPA of 3.40 and higher. UC Davis is best known for there Veterinary Medicine, Agriculture, and Campus Sustainability. Some interesting facts about UC Davis are that the School of Veterinary Medicine is ranked number 1 in the world by QS World University Rankings and number 1 in the nation by U.S. News and World Report. Agriculture is ranked number 1 nationally and number 2 internationally according to U.S. News and World Report as well as QS World of University Rankings. Also, Campus Sustainability is number 1 in the nation for several reasons such as how their goal is to be carbon neutral by 2025 though they might get there even sooner!

A few famous person who went to UC Davis is Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus, both an Emmy winner and screenwriter for Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War, and Avengers Endgame. Another famous person who attended UC Davis is Stephen Robinson who was an Astronaut and Tracy Caldwell who is a NASA astronaut.  As well, as Ken O’Brien, an NFL quarterback for the NY Jets for 10 seasons and is a member of the Division II Football Hall of Fame.