In-N-Out is coming to our school for Eligible 6th & 7th Graders. From 1:19-3:15 pm  on the Honor Court Lawn & Covered Eating Area.

Trumps Response to Multiple Legal Battles

Trump during his trial

Donald Trump has been in a lot of legal trouble recently due to his actions during the 2016 and 2020 elections, and his presidency. He spoke a lot against this when he was indicted, especially after turning himself in at a Georgia jail a few months ago.  Due to the upcoming election, he has found himself needing to fight more against these allegations to help increase his odds of being elected. He has done this by attempting to turn his legal battles into publicity events for the election. Trump did this by speaking out against his prosecutors during political rallies, claiming that they were just trying to stop him from getting back into office. This has been very effective because he told his followers that the prosecutors are trying to take power away from his supporters, and they are doing this by targeting Trump. This claim has been very effective in countering most criticism Trump would have received had he not responded. Trump has also blamed current president Joe Biden for his charges, saying that he is trying to make a gap in votes between them, because they are currently estimated to be tied in terms of votes. Biden has since responded to the claim, saying in a speech on January 6th, that Trump is a threat to democracy, using the date to remind people of the attack Trump’s supporters had done 3 years prior. Trump has flipped this argument saying that Biden was “ The true destroyer of democracy”.  This may not prove effective, because many people are saying that the January 6th case may be the most dangerous for Trump because it could decrease his popularity with voters, and may end with him spending time in jail. Because of this danger, people have speculated that Trump has been trying to delay these battles until he is in office, where he will have more control and could pardon himself, or stop the investigation in the first place. 

Trump has not only spoken out against his battles outside of court. In his most recent trial in New York, Trump spoke out against his prosecutors saying that they were trying to do a “ political witch hunt.” This trial is a very big one for Trump, he might lose hundreds of millions of dollars and might lose more due to not being able to do business in New York.  Despite how serious this situation is, Trump has continued to speak out against the prosecutors, and say that the whole trial is unfair and politically motivated. During a lunch break in the middle of the trial, Trump went up to the judge and told him “ I think this case goes outside just the facts. We have a situation where I’m an innocent man. I’ve been persecuted by somebody running for office and I think you have to go outside the bounds.” The Judge let him continue until Trump said “ You have your agenda, I understand that.” The judge had enough and told his lawyer to control his client. It seems that Trump’s claims against the prosecutors have not been very effective in court, despite their success during his rallies. Trump is in a very bad situation right now, and it looks like he will have to continue to try and use public opinion to try and protect him, or he will lose a lot of his power, and money.