In-N-Out is coming to our school for Eligible 6th & 7th Graders. From 1:19-3:15 pmĀ  on the Honor Court Lawn & Covered Eating Area.

Minneapolis College of Art and Design

Minneapolis College of Art and Design

Minneapolis College of Art and Design is a private college located in Stevens Ave, Minneapolis. This college is known for being one of the few that offer a major in comic art. Some more majors are illustration, animation, painting, photography, cinematography, printmaking, entrepreneurship, and more. The yearly tuition is about $28,520 and the acceptance rate is about 65.5%. To attend, you must have at least a 3.29 GPA.

Some notable alumni are Kinji Akagawa, Belle Baranceanu, Emma L. Brock, Henry Bannarn, and more. Kinji Akagawa is known as a sculptor, printmaker, and arts educator. Belle Baranceanu is known for her paintings and murals, Emma L. Brock is known for her Children’s book author and illustrator. Henry Bannarn created artwork like paintings and sculptures in the Harlem Renaissance period. Minneapolis has no sports teams to be a part of. The campus size is 5 acres. Art and Object has named MCAD one of the top 5 art schools in the Midwest. U.S. News & World Report listed MCAD’s master of fine arts program as one of the top fine arts programs in the nation. Animation Career Review listed MCAD’s programs among the best in the Midwest, including programs in animation, graphic design, and illustration. It is one of the top 20 schools for illustration in the nation.