In-N-Out is coming to our school for Eligible 6th & 7th Graders. From 1:19-3:15 pm  on the Honor Court Lawn & Covered Eating Area.

Kim Jong Un Ends Unification Goal With South Korea

The North Korean supreme leader Kim Jong Un has recently announced that he would change his stance on relations with South Korea. He had multiple organizations focused on unification with South Korea which he has recently shut down. Kim has stated that he wants to inform his people that South Korea is their enemy. During the months leading up to this announcement, North Korea has shown increased hostility towards South Korea by directly threatening nuclear attacks, testing missiles near their border, and increasing military force along the country’s border.  South Korea has responded by saying that they would react to any signs of direct hostility multiple times more severely. South Korea has taken Kim’s statements as a warning that further escalation may lead to conflict and even maybe war. The country’s relations have not been good ever since they separated in 1950, during the Korean War. The war never technically ended because there was only a truce and never an actual peace treaty. Due to this, and because of many other things both countries have high paranoia of each other. Kim has shown this by focusing on his country’s military and nuclear forces. Both countries have also made ties with other powerful countries. North Korea has ties with Russia and China, and South Korea has strong ties with the USA. If war ever did break out between the two countries, it would probably lead to disastrous effects on international relations between countries like the US and China. War may be too far away, but what we know for sure is that these countries have a lot of hostility to each other right now.