Ronaldo TOTY FC 24
Ronaldo TOTY FC 24
February 29, 2024
Champions League
Champions League
February 29, 2024
Marie Curie
Marie Curie
February 28, 2024
Texas Student´s Hairstyle Battle Tests CROWN Act at Barbers Hill High
Feature Articles
Kyla Hooshmand, Editor in Chief • February 29, 2024

Darryl George, an 18-year-old junior at Barbers Hill High School, has spent much of his school year isolated due to in-school suspension for...

Is aging without illness even possible?

Is aging without illness even possible?

Each morning after breakfast a man named, Scott Broadbent drinks 2.5 ounces of a milky liquid from his fridge. It turns out that the bottle might contain a supplement ketone ester, that is meant to help the body burn fat. Researchers are now testing whether it might also slow down the aging process in the human body. Broadbent is now part of a clinical trial on Aging to help the supplements’ safety in its side effects against elders.

Some researchers think there’s a better way. These researchers who are part of a burgeoning field called “geroscience” aren’t trying to find immortality. Their focus is by finding the causes of aging, they hope to stave off the disabilities and diseases that can make old age so miserable.  They want to make people feel more healthy for even longer. By destroying years of illnesses and disabilities that occur in the elderly in a much smaller time.  

Better health in old age just doesn’t have individual benefits. By 2030 about 73 million baby boomers will be 65 or older in the United States and in the same year, experts estimate that there will be a billion people that are 65 or older globally. Even though people are living longer than older generations it doesn’t mean that we are necessarily healthier than those older generations.

Many scientists are convinced that aging without science could be possible in the future. Until then they are tied to only one method for improving your lifespan. It’s the advice your doctor gives you. Make sure you exercise, get vaccinated, avoid tobacco and drugs, and eat a balanced diet.