In-N-Out is coming to our school for Eligible 6th & 7th Graders. From 1:19-3:15 pmĀ  on the Honor Court Lawn & Covered Eating Area.

Two Navy Seals are Presumed Dead After Going on an anti-Houthi Mission

Two US Navy Seals are presumed dead after they go missing on a mission to seize Iran-made missiles bound for the Houthis in Yemen.

According to the US military, the two soldiers are presumed dead. The incident occurred on the 11 of January when the Seals were boarding a ship off the coast of Somalia. According to media reports, one was swept away in the sea while the other jumped in after them, which follows protocol.

US Central Command said that attempts are now being made to recover the bodies.

“We mourn the loss of our two Naval Special Warfare warriors, and we will forever honor their sacrifice and example,” said the head of central command General MichaelĀ Erik Kurilla.

Air and naval units from the US, Japan, and Spain had been conducting search and rescue operations in more than 21,000 square miles to try and find the Seals. They have enlisted the help of oceanographers and meteorologists.

Navy Seals are members of a specialist maritime military force responsible for conducting reconnaissance and covert operations.

“These Seals represented the very best of our country, pledging their lives to protect their fellow Americans,” said US President Joe Biden, “Our hearts go out to the family members, loved ones, friends, and shipmates who are grieving for these two brave Americans.”

Ingram(left), Chambers (right)

Military officials told the Associated Press that the first Seal, Ingram, was swept into the heavy seas during the mission in which they boarded the unflagged dhow, a traditional sailing ship, where the weapons were discovered. The second Seal, Chambers, then entered the water attempting to save Ingram.

Central Command said in a statement that warheads for Houthi medium-range ballistic missiles and anti-ship cruise missiles were among the weapons seized. There were also parts for air-defense systems found. The statement also added that the components were those used in the missiles used by the Houthis to attack shipping in the Red Sea.

The supply, sale, and transfer of weapons to the Houthis is considered a violation of international law and a violation of a 2015 United Nations Security Council resolution.

Dozens of vessels have been targeted in the Houthi attacks. This has led dozens of cargo ships and tankers to take the longer route around the coast of South Africa to avoid paying higher insurance costs.

The Houthis, who support Hamas, say they are only targeting vessels with connections to Isreal at the start of the Israel-Hamas conflict. However, some of the ships that they have attacked have little to no connection to Israel. They have also begun attacking vessels that belong to the US and the UK after the two countries launched airstrikes against Houthi positions in Yemen. The Houthis control the country’s north, the capital of Sanaa, and the Red Sea coastline.

Both the US and UK say they are not seeking to start a conflict with the Houthis, but are rather trying to protect international shipping routes.