In-N-Out is coming to our school for Eligible 6th & 7th Graders. From 1:19-3:15 pm  on the Honor Court Lawn & Covered Eating Area.

Argentinian National Park Wildifire

A helicopter helping to put out the fire.

An Argentinian national park named Los Alerces has had a massive wildfire raging throughout it that has caused damage to 2471 acres of land. The fire first broke out on the 25th of January, and it is still being put out. The park’s area has experienced a heat wave of 104° Fahrenheit, and very windy conditions which have made the fire spread faster, and made it harder to put out. The authorities have stated that the fire seems to be intentional because there were recent cases of people squatting in the park, so they may have been the ones who started the fire. A fire also started in another park, Lanin National Park around the same time, so a group of people could have been behind both fires, but right now the police have no real idea of who started the fire. The fire has covered a big area, but the park should not suffer any severe or permanent damage, because the fire only covered about 1% of the total park area. While the fire will not cause any major damage, it will probably cause a scare for the parks because of how quickly the fire spread, and if it was intentional, there could be future incidents.