Purdue University

Purdue University

Purdue University is located in West Lafayette, Indiana. Purdue was founded on May 6th, 1869. The state tuition for in-state is $9,992 though for out-of-state students it costs $28,794. Purdue is well known for their aerospace program, Purdue is the first in the world to offer a 4-year bachelor’s degree in Aviation. Aviation means to travel by air. The acceptance rate for Purdue University is 68.8% and the application fee is $60 except eligible for a fee waiver. The GPA for acceptance is 3.25 through 3.75 and if higher the better. Though if you have less than this then you will need good SAT and ACT scores. One interesting fact about Purdue University is that they have an airport. They are the first university to own an airport in the United States. Orville Redenbancher who is the founder of popcorn graduated from Purdue University in 1928 with an Agronomy degree. Orville is an American food scientist and businessman.

Some famous people who attended Purdue University are Neil Armstrong an American astronaut as well as an aeronautical engineer, he became the first person to walk on the Moon in 1969. Raheem Mostert is an American football running back for the Miami Dolphins of the NFL. He played college football at Purdue. Carsen Edwards is an American professional basketball player for Fenerbahce of the Turkish Basketbol Süper Ligi and the EuroLeague. Carsen played in the Purdue basketball team, Boilermakers. He was named an All-American twice there. Caleb Swanigan is an NBA player and he had also played in the Purdue Boilermakers and was ranked among the top prep player in the nation class of 2015.