In-N-Out is coming to our school for Eligible 6th & 7th Graders. From 1:19-3:15 pmĀ  on the Honor Court Lawn & Covered Eating Area.

Nasser Hospital Raid

The Israeli Special Forces have raided the Nasser Medical Complex in Gaza, the main medical facility in Southern Gaza.

Israeli military forces had launched a raid on the Nasser Medical Complex on Tuesday. The Nasser Complex is one of the few medical facilities in the Palestinian city of Khan Yunis that is still functioning.

A video of the event posted on social media shows patients and medical personnel moving through the damaged hospital. At the same time, explosions and gunshots can be heard in the background. Footage also shows a patient in a bed being moved through a doorway. Yet another video shows a patient being carried away with a blanket.

The IDF (Israeli Defense Force) had stated that the reason for the raid was that Hamas fighters were hiding inside. Another reason given was that there may have been the bodies of Israeli hostages inside of the hospital. A Hamas spokesperson called these claims “lies” and denied them.

A nurse inside the hospital had told the media that there had been “a large number of dogs” had been released into the facility during the time of the attack. These claims have not been verified.

The Nasser hospital in Khan Yunis has been the scene of fighting between Hamas and the IDF for the past few days. However, this was the first time that either side had made a large attack on the hospital itself.