Anne Frank

Anne Frank was a Jewish Girl born in Germany on June 12, 1929, and she had to live through the Second World War, and the persecution of Jews.
Anne Frank

Anne Frank was a Jewish Girl born in Germany on June 12, 1929, and she had to live through the Second World War, and the persecution of Jews. She owned a diary in which she documented her life hiding under the Nazi’s rule. After the war ended, she became one of the most talked about holocaust victims in history, and many sympathized with her story.

In 1934, when Anne Frank was four years old, her family moved to The Netherlands after Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party came to power over Germany. In 1940, The Netherlands fell to Germany and Anne Frank was trapped in Amsterdam. A year later, she lost her German citizenship and unofficially became a Dutch citizen.

As the persecution of Jews increased, her family had to go into hiding in secret rooms and their attic. She normally hid in a concealed room behind a bookshelf in the building where her father worked, rarely coming out to see the outside world. On August 4, 1944, her family was arrested and taken to a concentration camp, up to this point, Anne Frank consistently wrote in her diary.

Later, she and her sister would be transferred to a different camp, away from their parents, where they would die a slow death. It is presumed that she died of typhus but this is unknown. Anne Frank’s father was the only survivor in the Frank family, he returned to Amsterdam and found Anne Frank’s diary, which was kept by two female secretaries who worked at the place he worked.

He decided to publish her diary under the title of “The Diary of a Young Girl,” and it was read by millions of people. To this day, many people feel bad for the struggles that she had to go through, and the persecution she faced. Today, she is one of the most well-known holocaust victims in history.