California State University Long Beach

California State University Long Beach

California State University Long Beach is located 25 miles from Los Angeles in the heart of Long Beach California. They are in Bellflower Boulevard, Long Beach. The in-state tuition for California State University of Long Beach is $6,884 and out-of-state tuition is $18,764. California State University Long Beach has an admission rate of 40% though for every 100 applicants only 40 are admitted. To get into California State University Long Beach you need a minimum of a 3.0 GPA. They are a moderately selective college. They have an average SAT score between 1020-1240 or an average ACT score of 20-26. The most popular majors at California State University Long Beach are Business, Management, Marketing, Related Support Services, Visual and Performing Arts, Healthy Professions and Related Programs, Engineering, Social Sciences, Family and Consumer Sciences; Human Sciences, Journalism, Communication, and many more. 75% of the students graduate from the Business, Psychology, Family Studies, and Consumer Sciences. The California State University of Long Beach is best known for its 322-acre campus. They have a good baseball team and after hiring Dave Snow as head coach in 1989, their baseball team has become the most successful team in the school’s athletic history. They have low tuition fees, high social mobility rates, and earning potential after graduation. 

Famous people who attended California State University of Long Beach are David Twohy; who was the director of The Chronicles of Riddick franchise, Robert S. Woods; Daytime Emmy Award-winning Actor for One Life to Live, Scott Einbinder; a producer for Killer Joe and True Blue, Mark Steven Johnson; the Writer, Director, and Producer for Grumpy Old Men. Simon Birch, Ghostrider, and Killing Season, Karen Baker Lander; an Academy Award-winning Sound Editor for The Bourne Ultimatum and Skyfall, and many more famous people attended California State University of Long Beach.