In-N-Out is coming to our school for Eligible 6th & 7th Graders. From 1:19-3:15 pmĀ  on the Honor Court Lawn & Covered Eating Area.

7 Humanitarian Aid Workers Killed In Israeli Airstrike on Gaza

7 World Central Kitchen (WCK) workers were killed in an airstrike on Gaza led by Israel.

The workers, who were British, Polish, Australian, and Palestinian, along with one who was a dual US-Canadian citizen were victims of the attack. A BBC journalist uncovered the bodies of four of these workers, and their passports came from Poland, Australia, and the UK, along with one Palestinian member.

Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu said that the military mistakenly hit innocent people, adding that it was tragic and unintentional. In a video message, he stated that the incident “happens in war, we check it to the end, we are in contact with the governments, and we will do everything so that this thing does not happen again.”

The President of Poland, Andrzej Duda stated that it was with “deep pain” that he learned about the deaths of the 7 workers on X. Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski also expressed similar sorrow after confirming the passing of Damian Sobol, the Polish citizen. He also said that he had personally asked the Israeli ambassador to Poland for an “urgent explanation” for the attack.

Rishi Sunak, the Prime Minister of the UK, said that he was “shocked and saddened” by the loss of the 7 aid workers and the incident itself, and sent his thoughts to the victims’ families. He later added that humanitarian aid organizations should be “praised and commended” for work and be allowed to do it “unhindered”.

The US and Canada have still not commented.

So far, 196 aid workers have been killed working in Gaza. Most of them consisted of the UN agency for Palestinian refugees, UNRWA, which currently is in charge of the biggest aid operation in the Gaza Strip. When Hamas launched its unprecedented attack on southern Israel on October 7, 2023, an estimated 1,200 died and 253 hostages were taken. Of those, around 130 hostages remain in Hamas’s captivity while 34 of them are presumed dead. In the 6 months since the initial attack, around 33,000 people have been killed in Gaza, according to the Hamas-run health ministry there.