University of Oxford

The University of Oxford is a research university located in Oxford, England. The yearly tuition is £9,250 which transferred to U.S dollars is about $11,630. The acceptance rate is about 17.5% and the minimum GPA required for admission is a 3.7. Oxford is very accomplished for its studies in computing and engineering. Some other popular majors include Biomedical Sciences, Business & Management Studies, Classics, English, History, Law, Philosophy, and Politics.

According to timeshighereducation.com, Oxford is ranked the number 1 university in the world. There isn’t an exact date but evidence shows that The University of Oxford was founded in 1096 making it about 928 years old! This is the second oldest university in the world with The University of Bologna in first place which was founded in 1088. Some notable alumni are Indira Gandhi, Margaret Thatcher, William Penn, and Stephen Hawking. Indira Gandhi was a former prime minister of India during 1966-1977 and again from 1980-1984. Margaret Thatcher was a former prime minister of the UK. William Penn is known for founding Pennsylvania and Stephen Hawking was a theoretical physicist and cosmetologist. Many famous authors attended Oxford such as Lewis Carroll who wrote Alice in Wonderland, J.R.R Tolkien who wrote Lord of the Rings, C.S Lewis who wrote The Chronicles of Narnia, and Mark Haddon who wrote The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.