Biden Criticized for not Pressuring Israel

President Biden with Prime Minister Netanyahu

The war in Gaza is still going on, and it has led to a lot of political turmoil with many countries being strongly against it and others openly supporting Israel. Some of these countries have been heavily criticized because they supported Israel despite all the death and destruction they have caused. This disdain has grown recently, with Nicaragua claiming that Germany has been aiding Israel in genocide against the Palestinians. The country that has probably been criticised the most is the US which comes as a result of them being one of if not the most influential countries in the UN. Those who want the war to end have been urging the US to stop Israel, but despite this, they have done the opposite and vetoed any attempts to cause a ceasefire. However, recently The US has changed its opinion on the matter, being more critical of Israel and more supportive of countries urging them to stop their bombings. This all led to a direct call between Joe Biden and the Israeli Prime Minister Mr Netanyahu where Biden started to pressure him to stop the killing of innocent Palestinians. Biden’s recent change in opinion was most likely caused by the recent bombing of World Central Kitchen members which led to the death of 7 people, including an American. This incident showed Biden that Israel was being reckless, which may have changed his opinion on the war and made him more open to stopping the conflict. Despite these efforts, Biden has continued to be criticized for not doing enough to stop the war. People have said that he could have tried stopping the conflict months ago before it got as bad as it is now with widespread famine. Many people have been vocalizing this since the start of Israel’s bombings, including members of the US government. Many questioned Biden’s decision to support Israel even when they were killing many civilians and stopping them from receiving proper aid. With the US election coming in a few months, Biden needs to amass as much support as possible. Still, how he has handled this situation has decreased his popularity with many Americans. Many Americans sympathize with the Palestinians and hate what Israel is doing to them, so Biden supporting Israel’s attacks has not been popular with the public. The only way for him to satisfy these people is to call for an immediate cease-fire and prevent any more conflict.